Counselling For Depression: A Humanistic Approach
This workshop examines the latest perspectives on the nature of depression and then focuses on identifying and operationalising practical strategies and interventions for therapists to use in supporting their clients’ recovery.
On completion of the workshop you will be able to:
- Identify key symptoms of depression
- Appreciate a range of causal factors in the development of depression
- Conditions of worth
- Denial and distortion of experience
- Develop a range of counselling strategies to facilitate recovery from depression
- Explore the actions of hope in facilitating recovery from depression
- Working with primary adaptive emotions
- The nature and characteristics of depression
- Conceptualising depression theoretically
- Therapeutic stance
- Counselling for depression in practice
- This experiential professional development is delivered as a half-day or full-day workshop. In this experiential workshop a mix of theoretical content, skill development and clinical feedback will be provided.
- Designed for those with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a mental health, allied health, or medical discipline.
A CPD certificate will be issued on completion.